Translate

Friday, May 6, 2016

Why Go to God in Prayer?

Heavy hearted.  That's how I approached my prayer time this morning.  Feeling burdened as a sister in Christ  and as a broken hearted, concerned citizen.  Today's National Day of Prayer and here I'd dropped the ball to speak out about it, or promote it.  Too burdened with  concerns for friends and relatives going through some really heavy stuff to think about promoting this event. Better luck next year!

As I gushed forth my concerns, fears and woes it's like God stopped me in my tracks!  I was outside, trying to enjoy nature, at the time.  I heard birds singing and saw them flying and singing, having no worries. God reminded me that He cares for the birds and that He cares so much more for us humans.  I mean think about it, God takes care of the birds.  We in comparison, He loved so much that God sent His only Son, Jesus to die for us.  He didn't send Jesus to die for the birds (I'm not trying to be sacrilegious here) and yet He cares for them.  Matthew 6:26 NLT "Look at the birds.  They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?"How much more does He care about us?

I changed the focus of my prayer as I paused and considered these things and began to ask myself, "Why do I go to God in prayer?". I quickly remembered to WHOM I was praying to.  God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. In Isaiah 66:1 God says of Himself,"...Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool...." The countless stars in space, the galaxies beyond our own Milky Way, the planets in their rotations, the order in Creation, all around us.  I put my eyes back on God. I began to feel so small and humbled that God would even allow me to approach Him from my broken heart, standing there in our back yard.

The heavens are His tabernacle, He knows our ins and outs, our ups and downs.  Psalm 139:3 NLT
"You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.  You know everything I do."He cares.  Beyond caring or having empathy, HE IS GOD!  He,"... is ABLE to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into His glorious presence without a single fault." Jude1:24 NLT.

I pray that as I share what God opened my eyes to this morning, that it will be an encouragement to someone today.  He is God.  His arm is not limited by our limitations.  He uses things, events and people for His own purposes.  His ways are higher than ours. "For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher  than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."Isaiah 55:9 NLT He is beyond comprehension, and I want it that way!  I don't want to go to a god that I can figure out!  I want a God Who is real, Who is loving and Who is Able to do more than I could ask or even imagine! Eph.3:20 NLT:  "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power to work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

Today, I commit my worries, fears and concerns to His capable hands.  I will not fret about them, and when I am tempted to fret about them, I will remind myself to Whom I go to in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment